Monday, 4 October 2010
This & That
Richard was discussed by Hardeep Phull in his 'My Generation' column for the The Sunday Times' Culture supplement yesterday ("Myers deserves credit for not only adding a third dimension to Richey Edwards but attempting a fourth..."). Here's a scan of the article that was spotted online (please scroll down).
Monkey Picks blog have also reviewed the book ("an increasingly uncomfortable and terribly sad read"). You can read the full review by clicking here.
I was also on BBC 6Music news last week a few times talking about the book. I feel like perhaps until people have read Richard it may soon be time to stop discussing it lest I sound like a stuck record. And a mumbling Geordie one at that.
- The ivy on our house is turning fire-red again.
- We went to the Ilkley Literature festival (Adelle saw Terry Eagleton speak, I dropped my mobile phone).
- Summer Heights High is a very good satirical Australian comedy.
- I've written 103,858 words on my new novel. I recently added 5000 words, then removed 5000 words. So far it is by far the longest amount of time I have spent writing a book. Already it has taken longer than Richard did to write.
- I've been enjoying the photography of Chris Killip (see below). You can visit his site here.
- This is a pop song entitled 'Ungrateful' by Frankie And The Heartstrings. It features a young Malcolm McDowell on singing.